AppTech Payments Corp.
Last Updated: October 18, 2022
Information We May Collect
We understand your desire for privacy and recognize that you trust us with your personal and financial information. We collect personal identifiable information (“PII”) from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content, as well as, to verify your identity. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our legal, contractual, and personal obligation to you.
Anonymous Information (“A.I.”) means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, a particular individual or business. You could provide A.I. or it could be collected automatically. Examples may include information about your internet browser, device information about your device you use to access the Site (this information may include geolocation information and unique device information), demographic data such as city and state, usage information about your use of the Site, additional traffic data such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification numbers and access time, and other information regarding your use of the Site.
To help us better understand our markets, we may also gather information for analytical purposes by conducting customer surveys, and by extracting demographic information from existing files.
Personal Information refers to information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual or business entity. Examples may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, Federal Tax Identification number, birthdate, banking information or other information.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use your Personal Data, including but not limited to, for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including monitoring the usage of our service.
- To manage your user account.
- For the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you purchased or of any other contract with Company through the Service Agreement.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To and manage your personal requests.
- To optimize and enhance the Company’s services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements as defined in detail below.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- Service Providers – we may share your Personal Data with Service Providers so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, fraud detection and prevention, security threat detection, payment processing, customer support, data analytics, information technology, advertising, marketing, data processing, network infrastructure, storage, transaction monitoring.
- Business transfers –we may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners –we may share your Personal Data with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Professional Advisors – we may share your Personal Data with our professional advisors, including legal, accounting, or other consulting services for purposes of audits or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Other Users –when you share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- Law Enforcement –under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (described further below).
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Law Enforcement & Other Legal Requirements
Security of Your Personal Data
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure, or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address or mobile number to third parties for marketing/promotional purposes.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
As explained above, we collect Personal Data in numerous ways depending upon your use of our Website. We process Personal Data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreements; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Personal Information we collect may be transferred to and stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates, partners, or service providers maintain facilities.
If you are a resident of the United States, Canada, European Union, European Economic Area, Channel Islands or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note, to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with Personal Information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
The Right to Access: You have the right to obtain information about our processing of Personal Data and a copy of your Personal Data that we store.
The Right to Rectify your Data: You have the right to request that we update your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The Right to Request Data Erasure: You have the right to have your Personal Data erased from our files if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
The Right to Restrict or Object to Our Processing: You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
You may unsubscribe from our company communications or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications.
AppTech Privacy Officer
Email: Virgil Llapitan
Mail: AppTech Payments Corporation
Attention: Privacy Protection Officer
5876 Owens Avenue, Suite 100
Carlsbad, California 92008
Personal Data Management
Links to Third-Parties Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility or liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.apptechcorp.com/privacy-policy